Altair, a global technology company providing solutions in simulation, high-performance computing (HPC), and artificial intelligence (AI) announced the release of Altair SmartWorks, its next-generation, cloud-native platform to empower augmented, data-driven decision making.
SmartWorks harnesses the full power of AI, analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT) to help organisations improve and ensure production quality, develop connected product lines, optimize maintenance schedules, and implement recurring revenue models. It also allows companies to customise marketing analytics, automated financial systems, and more.
“SmartWorks will disrupt the way businesses innovate and make decisions by making it easy to leverage AI and IoT in automation and analytics,” said James R. Scapa, founder and chief executive officer, Altair. “For organisations strategising their digital transformation efforts, SmartWorks is a future-proof accelerator and launchpad. It will help companies accelerate, innovate, and deliver.”
The code to low-code to the no-code environment means everyone can use it. This allows organisations to more effectively collaborate, generate and share data-driven insights, develop AI-augmented analytics, and create scalable, secure IoT/analytics applications faster and with smaller teams.
SmartWorks is built to overcome enterprise-grade challenges. It is inherently cloud-native but can be deployed on-premises; enables organisations to govern access to data, analytics, and automation; and is built to be highly scalable and performant from day one, with the best in underlying technology components. SmartWorks provides a collaborative environment and is extensible and future-proof, designed to work with the analytics engines of today and tomorrow. By making analytics, IoT, and AI accessible for every user, SmartWorks accelerates innovation in every department across the enterprise.
SmartWorks gives organisations end-to-end data analytics capabilities by integrating the deep feature set of Altair Monarch and Altair Knowledge Studio with new, cloud-native and targeted capabilities including:
- Connecting to diverse databases, data sources, spreadsheets, big data, IoT, and more
- Storing data in performant, specialised databases
- Exploring data trends and spotting anomalies
- Transforming data to fit specific applications
- Training and evaluating AI models
- Operationalising machine learning models at scale, from resource-constrained (edge) to resource-abundant (cloud) environments
- Developing custom analytics or end-user applications
- Augmenting processes with automation, in the cloud, or at the edge
- Controlling end-user access to data