Red Hat Cloud Services reduces complexity in hybrid environments, driving business value and velocity for enterprise IT innovation
The world’s leading provider of open source solutions, Red Hat announced new advancements within its Red Hat Cloud Services portfolio, delivering a fully-managed and streamlined user experience as organisations build, deploy, manage, and scale cloud-native applications across hybrid environments.
Red Hat Cloud Services are designed to tackle the complexities of hybrid cloud. To support organisations in their cloud-native application development efforts, Red Hat is announcing new cloud services including:
- Red Hat OpenShift Service Registry, helping development teams publish, discover, and reuse application programming interfaces (APIs) and schemas.
- Red Hat OpenShift Connectors, supplying pre-built connectivity to various third-party systems and enabling no-code integration with Red Hat Openshift Streams for Apache Kafka.
- Red Hat OpenShift Database Access, providing a consistent Database as a Service (DBaaS) consumption experience across hybrid cloud environments. This enables OpenShift administrators to provision and manage access to multiple third-party database services easily and simplifies the developer experience for provisioning and accessing cloud databases.
The Red Hat Cloud Services portfolio is tightly integrated with Red Hat OpenShift, the industry’s leading enterprise Kubernetes platform. It provides a foundation for modernising existing applications, building cloud-native applications, streamlining development, adding intelligence to applications, and integrating third-party services.
Red Hat is also announcing advancements to its existing Cloud Services offerings, including:
- Red Hat OpenShift Data Science, a managed cloud service for data scientists and developers that provides a fully supported sandbox to rapidly develop, train, and test machine learning (ML) models, is now available as an add-on for OpenShift Dedicated and Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS customers. Updates have been added to improve support for compliance, including PCI. Later this year, customers will also be able to take advantage of managed ISV solutions from a premier data partner, Starburst.
- Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka, a fully hosted and managed Kafka service now supports granular identity and access management, and access to metrics and monitoring dashboards. PCI certifications have also been added for improved compliance.
- Red Hat OpenShift API Management, which enables rapid development and deployment of API-first applications through a hosted and managed OpenShift API Management service, is available in the Developer Sandbox for Red Hat OpenShift for trials. Updates have been added to improve support for security and compliance including PCI, ISO, and SOC2 certification and an API designer preview.
Leading organisations such as BITMARCK, Boston University, and electrical training ALLIANCE, are taking advantage of Red Hat’s cloud services to build, deploy, manage and scale cloud-native applications. As fully hosted and managed cloud offerings, these services shift operational responsibility and support to Red Hat, enabling organisations to drive new innovation and focus on meeting demand.