In today’s hybrid work world, optimising virtual, in-person and hybrid interactions is more important than ever. Yet businesses of all sizes grapple with how to deliver a standout work experience – whether an employee is in the office or remote.
To address this, Cisco unveiled new hybrid work solutions in Webex that empower companies to put people first. Additionally, Webex Calling hit a record 6 million users, as organisations adopt leading enterprise cloud calling to scale business globally.
“We’re amid one of the biggest shifts of how we work in decades. To attract and retain prized workers, organisations must better align with workers’ desires and values including how, where and when to work,” said Jeetu Patel, EVP and GM, Cisco Security and Collaboration. “As we march toward our vision of powering a hybrid work experience that is inclusive and empowering for everyone, our new Webex innovations best position our customers to put their people first.”
Rapid innovation over the past year ensures Webex helps the world’s leading businesses securely keep employees productive and engaged. New Webex features further accelerate this to deliver:
Flexible workstyles: People have differing collaboration needs, devices, and meeting platforms, reinforcing the need for flexibility, interoperability, and inclusivity.
- New capabilities in Vidcast, Webex’s asynchronous video messaging solution, drive stronger engagement and productivity for remote workers. Vidcast users can import a demo recorded in Webex, edit, and share as a Vidcast for easy async consumption. Vidcast can easily be embedded within a Slido poll for virtual check-ins or training, as well as in Webex Events (formerly Socio).
- Within Webex’s Embedded Apps Framework, customers can access more of their favourite apps, including InVision for visual whiteboarding.
- New Webex integrations with Notion’s all-in one project management, notes and wiki solution streamlines customer workflows and Standout by ADP, an employee engagement solution, builds team connections.
Reimagined workspaces: Hybrid work requires organisations to transform workspaces to deliver an amazing, consistent experience – whether that be in-office, at home or on the go.
- An industry-first partnership with Ford looks to extend Webex Meetings to vehicles, serving as the ultimate mobile office.
- To enhance the in-office experience, extending the Embedded Apps from the Webex desktop app to include Webex Desk and Webex Board Series devices, as well as phones and tablets, eliminates the need to toggle between different apps and maximises collaboration. Users can easily start and use apps like Miro, MURAL, Shared Timer and Slido on their Webex device and share a whiteboard with meeting attendees, for example.
- Webex devices support interoperability with Zoom, Microsoft, and Google, offering frictionless communication regardless of device or platform.
- Additionally, Webex Go will be generally available on March 31. With Webex Go, users can add Webex Calling features as a dedicated business line to a personal mobile phone for high quality business calls and expanded collaboration features.
Exceptional hybrid events: Attendees require flexibility to tune-in in-person and/or online with a seamless event experience.
- To help event planners manage health protocols simply and effectively, Webex Events, formerly Socio, is partnering with CLEAR to provide proof of vaccine or test results linked to an attendee’s verified identity.
- Webex Events is furthering accessibility and inclusivity by adding real-time captions and translation, supporting transcription from English to 34 languages with more to come. This is powered by the same technology used in Webex Meetings.
- Webex Events compliance standards (SOC 2 Type II, ISO 27001, and SOC 3) and integration within Webex Control Hub deliver greater admin visibility and simplified management for enterprises’ hybrid work and event environments.
Memorable customer experiences: Enterprises require the ability to stay connected and deliver proactive connections with customers on their preferred communication channels.
- With enterprise communications platform as a service (CPaaS) Webex Connect, businesses can intelligently orchestrate those connections end-to-end to deliver seamless personalised experiences across digital channels.
- Webex Connect capability is now also integrated with Webex Contact Centre to power new channels including WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and SMS.