Veeam’s customers can now benefit from a NEW Veeam solution which offers access and control of Salesforce data and metadata, enabling quick recovery from data loss scenarios
Veeam Software, the provider of Modern Data Protection, announced it has launched the New Veeam Backup for Salesforce on Salesforce AppExchange which eliminates the risk of losing Salesforce data and metadata due to human error, integration issues and other data loss scenarios.
Veeam Backup for Salesforce
This new solution from Veeam — a market leader in Modern Data Protection — enables organisations to deploy a backup environment on-premises or in the cloud, providing access and control to Salesforce data and metadata. It also provides powerful, rapid-recovery capabilities for IT departments and Salesforce administrators, including granular and bulk data recovery of Salesforce records, hierarchies, fields, files and metadata. This new offering builds on the success of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, extending Veeam’s enterprise-grade platform to another industry-leading SaaS environment.
Whether a mistake with a script, data loader or an integration issue, the simple and easy-to-use user interface (UI) of Veeam Backup for Salesforce helps users resolve issues and retrieve data in just a few clicks — without executing additional backups, running long, full-backup comparisons or causing duplicates.
Key capabilities of Veeam Backup for Salesforce include:
- Salesforce native: Purpose-built to create backups and restore Salesforce data and metadata
- Fast and flexible recovery: Restore Salesforce records, hierarchies, fields, files and metadata
- Secure data: Run a backup environment anywhere — on-premises or in the cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Custom scheduling: Set granular backup schedules and retention settings at the object level
- Simplified management: Manage several Salesforce instances from one console
- Incremental changes: Continuously create backups with incremental sync and flexible scheduling for Salesforce data
- Simple and easy-to-use UI: Run backup policies and restore jobs in minutes
- See and compare: See versions of records and metadata and quickly compare with production
- Restore hierarchy: Granularly restore linked objects to any record, including parent/child records
Conducted on Veeam’s behalf by an independent research firm, the Veeam Salesforce Protection Trends Report 2022 surveyed 800 unbiased IT leaders and implementers around the world. This report found that the majority of IT professionals acknowledge that the most important reason to protect Salesforce data is the potential for a bad import or ingest of data. The remaining reasons are consistent with the same breadth of risks that face other IT platforms, including best practices and regulatory mandates, cyber security concerns and errors caused by users, the application(s) or the data repositories (corruption).
Veeam is also releasing a FREE version of this solution: Veeam Backup for Salesforce Community Edition. Community Edition provides fully functional FREE backup and recovery of Salesforce data for organisations with 50 Salesforce user licenses or less.
Veeam Backup for Salesforce is a separate standalone product that is a new addition to the Veeam Platform. Available today from our 35,000+ technology partners, it’s sold in one- to five-year annual subscriptions per user. Veeam is currently offering two 12-month introductory packages:
- Up to 300 users for $2,000 USD
- Unlimited users for $10,000 USD