Veeam Software, the provider of backup, recovery and data management solutions that deliver Modern Data Protection, hosted its annual user conference, VeeamON 2022.
Veeam provided a select preview of the future, showcasing innovations around upcoming updates to its single platform to protect all data across all environments — cloud, virtual, SaaS, Kubernetes and physical. Expected 2H’22, Veeam demonstrated key innovations of cloud-native solutions (for AWS, Azure and Google Cloud) and SaaS offerings (Microsoft 365 and Salesforce), as well as deeper integration of Kasten by Veeam K10 for Kubernetes and, of course, the highly anticipated Veeam Backup & Replication v12.
“We help more than 450,000 customers all over the world protect their data from malicious actors, and eliminate down time and data loss,” said Danny Allan, CTO at Veeam. “With Veeam, you own, control and securely backup and recover your data anywhere in the hybrid cloud. Veeam enables organisations to confidently move to the cloud, avoiding lock-in with cloud mobility. This is the definition of Modern Data Protection. Our consistent innovation and product-led growth are on full display at VeeamON 2022 as we continue to set the very highest product standards and respond to customer demands for redefining security, achieving resiliency and delivering future-ready solutions.”
Veeam Backup & Replication v12
Veeam unveiled V12 at VeeamON 2022, previewing even more capabilities in cloud, security and enterprise focus areas. Veeam is further hardening the capabilities customers need in today’s ever-changing IT ecosystem, including the new capabilities below:
- Additional cloud accelerated features including direct writes to object storage and cloud-based agents
- Immutability everywhere provides greater control and protection for even faster ransomware recovery and protection from cyberthreats
- Additional enterprise applications support and innovations ease day two operations and optimise for greater efficiency at scale
- Centralised visibility and management of Kubernetes data protection with the new Veeam Backup & Replication plug-in for the new Kasten by Veeam K10 V5.0.
“Against a backdrop of increased cyber threats, exponential data growth and relentless cloud adoption, protecting data and systems at scale, wherever they live, has become a must-have for organisations (of all sizes) around the world,” said Christophe Bertrand, program director at ESG Research. “Our research shows that there are significant data protection disconnects – and therefore data loss risks – when it comes to cloud-resident data, applications, containerised services, and as-a-service platforms. That’s why this new release of Veeam V12 is significant: it not only builds on their proven platform but expands the ability to reduce business risk through improved data and systems security recoverability at scale.”
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v7
In addition, Veeam demonstrated advanced monitoring and reporting for the upcoming Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v7, expected later this year. As the Microsoft 365 backup market leader, with over 11M users under paid contract, the new version will include enterprise-grade monitoring and reporting capabilities as a result of integration with Veeam ONE, helping to keep systems and infrastructure running smoothly thanks to built-in intelligence. Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v7 provides:
- Total visibility: Single view of all Microsoft 365 backup architecture and components
- Proactive management: Real-time alerts to quickly resolve data vulnerabilities
- SLA confidence: Detailed reports provide peace of mind and protection
Veeam Backup for Salesforce
Veeam provided the first sneak peek into Veeam Backup for Salesforce. With the ability to back up in the cloud and on-premises, the new offering eliminates the risk of losing Salesforce data and metadata. Key highlights include:
- Control and flexibility: Own your data, avoid backup and storage lock-in and deploy your backup environment anywhere you choose
- Salesforce-native backup and recovery: Purpose-built for Salesforce using native APIs. Restore Salesforce records, hierarchies, fields, files and metadata
- Quickly recover from data loss: Protect against human error, integration issues and other common Salesforce data loss scenarios
“The release of Veeam Backup & Replication v12 brings with it a host of notable features that the Middle East market has been waiting and asking for. Enterprises in the Middle East have shown a big appetite for adoption of Kubernetes and Container technologies and will welcome the v12 Kasten console integration. Couple that with the release of the additional cloud capabilities – of direct cloud object storage as well as the release of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v7, customers across the region will be quick to adapt the new release as it brings with it a host of business critical features,” concluded Claude Schuck, Regional Director, Middle East at Veeam.