WSO2 also delivers stronger analytics, typing biometric authentication, multi-attribute login, and added device support with releases of WSO2 Identity Server 6.0 and WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud.
As organisations expand their online presence, they are exploring new ways to reach more customers through innovative partnerships. This is raising the stakes for enterprises to ensure a secure, frictionless customer experience (CX) – whether reaching these customers via business-to-consumer (B2C) or business-to-business (B2B) models. The WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud addresses these demands with customer identity and access management (CIAM) functionality beyond B2C to offer the industry’s most extensive CIAM support for B2B scenarios.
WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud is part of WSO2’s CIAM suite, which also includes the industry-leading, open-source WSO2 Identity Server software that manages more than 1 billion identities annually. WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud combines the proven B2C capabilities of the WSO2 CIAM suite with new B2B organisation management functionality, which uniquely enables organisations to create multiple levels of B2B organisational hierarchies and lets administrators of each organisation configure their policies and processes.
WSO2 also introduced WSO2 Identity Server 6.0. The newest release of the WSO2 Identity Server and the new WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud build on the current WSO2 CIAM suite to add significant new features. These include integration with third-party analytics tools, integration with TypingDNA for authentication based on typing biometrics, multi-attribute log-in support to give users more sign-in options, and device flow support to bring CIAM to a broader range of devices.
“More than a quarter of our CIAM customer base has started using WSO2 Identity Server for B2B, which gave us valuable real-world insights into how to support enterprises’ increasingly sophisticated market requirements with our new WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud,” said Geethika Cooray, vice president and general manager of identity and access management at WSO2. “With our expanded WSO2 CIAM suite, our customers have greater flexibility than ever to support their B2B and B2C scenarios, leverage business customers and partners to scale business models, broaden their market reach, and speed time to market – all while easily adapting their CX for distinct audiences to optimise user engagement.”
Extending CIAM from B2C to B2B
“In 2021, Gartner observed an increase in inquiries about B2B, which surpassed B2C CIAM by 25 per cent,” according to the Gartner IAM Leaders’ Guide to Access Management.
WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud supports the growing demand to extend CIAM from B2C to B2B by building on the industry-leading functionality already in use with WSO2 Identity Server, the uniquely extensible, API-driven, a cloud-native product that enables developers to harness the power of CIAM without being security experts. It incorporates the ability to federate, authenticate and manage identities; bridge across heterogeneous identity protocols; and secure access to the web and mobile applications along with API-based endpoints.
Additionally, WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud goes beyond WSO2 Identity Server 6.0 to provide robust support for B2B business models through the new B2B organisation management feature. Unlike other CIAM products that are limited to simple organisation management, the B2B organisation management handles complex nesting, which gives enterprises the flexibility to:
- Define as many organisations and multiple levels of sub-organisations as needed to represent large enterprise customers and their hierarchical organisation structures, each of which gets its own secure space for managing user identities and access privileges.
- Define multi-level delegated administration policies for organisations so that they can manage their own user identities and access privileges.
- Enable each organisation to manage its role-based access controls to restrict access to its resources.
- Define organisations for intermediaries in distribution channels, such as resellers and distributors, and allow them to define their security policies and operational workflows for customer onboarding, log-in, branding, and adaptive authentication to manage their enterprise customers.
“The needs of partners are somewhat distinct from consumers but equally important to the success of organisations already down the road in their digital transformation journeys,” said Jay Bretzmann, vice president of identity research at IDC. “Built with ears to the development ground, WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud should help organisations delight partners in the same way it has enriched consumer user experiences, going beyond simple access to provide greater management capabilities and automation options.”
Enhancing Users’ Experiences
WSO2 Identity Server 6.0 and WSO2 Private CIAM Cloud both expand upon the WSO2 CIAM platform by adding a number of features aimed at enhancing the experiences of enterprises and their customers.
- Greater analytics functionality for enterprise users. Both offerings include pre-configured integration with Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) based analytics. Additionally, they can be integrated with other third-party analytics tools.
- Typing biometric authentication via TypingDNA. Integration with TypingDNA enables organisations to leverage typing biometrics and offer customers seamless, user-friendly, risk-based authentication (RBA) that enhances security and fraud detection.
- Multi-attribute login support. Enterprise can now make it easier and more convenient for users to sign into applications by letting them choose which attribute they want to use as their primary identifiers, such as username, email address, or phone number.
- Device flow support. The new feature expands the range of devices an organization can effectively use within the overall CX solution to include devices with limited input capabilities, such as smartphones and smart TVs.